How do I Apply?
How do I Apply?
Applications should be submitted online through UCAS which can be accessed directly through our page on the Find postgraduate teacher training site. Our UCAS code is 1DS and the course code is 28CN.
Your application will be shortlisted and if you meet our entry requirements you will be invited to an interview at John Donne. A final decision on your application will be made within 40 working days of us receiving your application.
If you have any queries about the School Direct programme and application process please email Nadera at the Teaching School Alliance on email@example.com.
The UCAS website is now open for applications.
- You must have a first degree, classification 2:1 or above. Exceptional candidates with a 2:2 classification will be considered on an individual basis.
- You must hold a GCSE A*-C or equivalent in English, Mathematics and Science.
In your application and at interview you should be able to demonstrate the following:
- a sound understanding of teaching and learning in the primary context;
- how your previous experience will enable you to teach in a primary school;
- an understanding of the benefits and challenges of teaching in an urban context;
- flexibility and resilience;
- the ability to inspire children;
- the ability to work with a range of other adults in a collaborative and collegiate way;
- a wider understanding of the educational landscape in the UK today.
- You must pass the skills tests in English and Maths before starting the course.
- You must pass an enhanced DBS check to confirm that you are a suitable candidate to work with children.
- You must pass a health check to show that you are fit to train and work as a teacher.
How we select our trainees
If you meet the entry requirements and you match the profile of who we are looking for, then you will be invited to an interview day. During the day you will be observed working with a group of children and asked to reflect on the experience. You will complete a written task, a phonics task and a maths task. You will engage in a group discussion. Finally, you will be interviewed by senior leaders from across the cluster of schools.
Candidates are scored against a set of selection criteria under the following headings:
- Interpersonal skills and communication;
- Leadership, passion and enthusiasm;
- Support and respect;
- Resilience and adaptability;
- Self-organisation and efficiency;
The highest scoring candidates will be offered a place to train as a teacher, subject to fulfilling the statutory requirements regarding qualifications and providing a satisfactory DBS check and health check.